So here’s a recipe for lettuce wrapped Pav Bhaji.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped green chili peppers
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup chopped roma (plum) tomatoes
- 2 cups cauliflower, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 2 avocados, mashed
- 3 tablespoons pav bhaji masala
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons grated cheese.
Large lettuce leaves, romaine lettuce or green leafy lettuce from Nature’s Basket.
Heat the butter in a wok over medium heat. Saute garlic and green chilies for 30 seconds, then stir in onions and ginger. Cook until onions are brown. Add tomatoes, and cook until pasty. Stir in cauliflower, cabbage, peas, carrots and avocado. Season with pav bhaji masala. Cover, and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt, and stir in lemon juice.
- Scoop bhaji into lettuce leaves and top with grated cheese. Roll up lettuce leaves and close with a toothpick.